21 May 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 8:14

lilian
Well, after all these months I found out today that Ida is in fact Ina. How embarrassing. Her husband just passed last week. I found that out when my contact called me to reschedule from every other Friday to every other Tuesday. That is fine by me. I am pretty flexible with all the little jobs I have (except Saturdays which are now craft faire days). And Ina did not show up today. She was in her room being private.

dorothy
helly
jenny
I did have a big room full, though, and the sun was streaming in! A couple of men folk were also there but they ran away - for fear of getting glammed up! Dorothy only wanted a touch up (which I did, but still added glitter!). I brought some more autumnal colours this time and Helly (and Jenny) both went for Skyfall – a beautiful brick red. Really luscious. I did only do one coat on Jenny. She is quite impatient – and was knitting the whole time! Hard to keep her hands still and, most likely, the polish had smeared in no time. Oh well. The red covers well, though, so it still looked good!

joan
joyce
Next time I will have to have an earnest word with Joan! This pink obsession must stop!!!! Ha! It probably is the best colour for her, but still. Joyce stayed around long enough for her nails. She only wanted something very slight and I think that simple layer of glitter works well. She has such pretty nails and hands - she could wear so much more.

gladys
lena
Lilian (way top) was more adventurous and she does love blue. I doubled up on that great slate blue from CND with an almost tone-in-tone glitter. Looks fab! Gladys let me do anything and I had brought pale yellow and some matching glitter. She is still biting her nails (though won't admit it) - but only on one hand!! Funny. Poor Lena is almost blind but wanted a bright red. Proves you want to feel pretty at any age or shape.

joan the 2nd
margaret
Joan the 2nd was a bit more confused. Don't know if that will be an ongoing concern, or just her mood for the day. I really like her mani, though. Another tone-in-tone glitter one. And Margaret wanted something pale, yet elegant. Nellie was last. So patient. Her mani looks absolutely fab! The purple and the glitter. Wow. May have to wear this myself! So, that was 11 manis in two hours. Flew by - and am back in two weeks!

nellie

Mani breakdowns:
Lilian: one coat CND Blue Rapture, one coat LA Colors Aqua Crystals, top coated
Dorothy: one coat CG You Move Me, one coat
Orly Sashay my Way, top coated
Helly: two coats OPI Skyfall
Jenny: one coat OPI Skyfall
Joan: one coat Revlon Innocent
Joyce: one coat OPI Which is Witch?
Gladys: two coats piCture pOlish Mellow Yellow, one coat CG You're a Hoot, one coat Orly Sashay my Way, top coated
Lena: one coat CG Red Pearl
Joan the 2nd: two coats Nicole by OPI Alex by the Books, one coat LA Colors Treasure Island, top coated
Margaret: one coat
Nicole by OPI Selena, one coat OPI Which is Witch?
Nellie: one coat Layla Fuchsia Sky, one coat OPI Which is Witch?

2 comments:

  1. These trips to Ripponburn are always a bright spot for me :) I just love reading about your lovely ladies ♥

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...