11 March 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 4:14

lilian, ivy and norma may 2013
Yesterday was R-Day and wouldn't you know it: record room full of thirteen ladies and I was late! I left the café on time but the realtor drove in right when I was leaving. Anticipating good news, I stopped. News was bad, talk was long, I was late (and in a poor mood, but shrugged that off quickly). Damn. Can't seem to sell the place at all, nor the contents. What a total total hassle!

dorothy
Anyway....... the ladies were fantastic!!! Unfortunately there is some bad news. My wee Norma passed away about four days after my last visit - but with gorgeous nails!!! Poor thing, it is no surprise at 93. I remember my very first visit was on her birthday! Still, I felt a bit sad all eve when I heard that. In her honour I have retired Essie Raise Awareness as that was her fav colour. It may return, but for now another pink will have to do!


lilian
I was met at the door by Dorothy's husband - what a card he his!!! He has been waiting for me to help pick out Dorothy's colour and since I am late he was stuck serving coffee and doing dishes!! Too funny!! He is a sweetheart, comes everyday to visit her. She gets a kissie and everything. Lilian fell in love with my own mani and thinking she would, I had all the components with me (yes, even Butter London!!!).

joyce
joan
margaret 2
margaret
Another polish I popped into my box as a newbie for the day was Nostalgic Lacquer Hey you Guys. I very soft peach with gold and copper glitter. Well..... that was the polish of the day with four (yes, 4) takers!!!  That might have to stay home next time - save the bottle a bit!!

ida
gladys
Ida was back and wanted a nice pink shimmer red, and Gladys let me do whatever!! She has started biting her nails again (only on her left hand). She is looking a tad thin as well. Wonder what's going on?

janice
jenny
Newbie lady Janice in a groovy bed wheelchair wanted turquoise so I did a glitter sandwich thing. She was so thankful, a real sweetheart. And Jenny, naturally, wanted that blue, too. Jenny was busy stapling garlands together for the St Paddy dance, until she stapled her finger! Ha! Funny, as you would think life was ending the way she yelled out. All the other ladies said "Jen-ny....".

doris
norma 2
Doris was back again and wanted blue. And, we had a "new" Norma who had watched many times in the past but never got her nails done. Well, yesterday was the day and she went all out with bright pink!

ivy may 2013 and today

This brings me to my wee Ivy. Ivy is very dear to me. She, Lilian and Norma (see above) along with Joan have been at "nail day" every time since the beginning. Last time Ivy was in her room and too tired to come to the main lounge. Today she no longer lives in her old room but has moved to the hospital section. That means she is sick. I went down and sat with her for about 30 minutes, did her nails (and toes!!). She fidgeted a lot so I tried to apply some fast dry top coat so that she wouldn't rub all the polish off accidentally. I wasn't fast enough on her right hand, but her left looks good. I promised her I would see her in two weeks – and I hope I do!

Mani breakdowns:
Dorothy: one coat Layla Fuchsia Sky w/ effect (magneffect)
Lilian: two coats Butter London Lillibet's Jubilee, one coat each Orly Can't be Tamed, Zoya Electra
Joyce, Margaret 1 & 2, Joan: two coats Nostalgic Lacquer Hey you Guys
Ida: two coats China Glaze Sexy Silhouette
Gladys: two coats OPI No Room for the Blues, one coat Orly Can't be Tamed
Janice: one coat base and top Alessandro turquoise 1507, LA Colors Treasure Island between
Jenny: two coats LA Colors Treasure Island
Doris: two coats OPI Get Your Number
Norma 2: two coats China Glaze Wicked Style
Ivy: one coat CG Wicked Style, Out the Door 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...