21 March 2014

CND blue rapture with one stroke flowers



I have not been lax in writing. It is just that my last mani (the purple butterfly one) lasted 6 days!! In fact, it would have still been good but I was over it. I had to top up the tips with black ever so miniscule, and always top coated every other day. But, it was time for a change and I felt like the beautiful grey blue of CND Blue Rapture.


The CND Vinylus polishes apply very smoothly and evenly. I really like them and have just ordered two more (from candygirl). I have never had any problem of nail stains from lack of base coat. So, I started with two coats of Blue Rapture on naked clean nails. Then I top coated with CND Weekly top coat. I use this top coat for my glammy mani clients and the only reason I don't use it more often for myself is that I have a jumbo refill bottle of Out the Door. But for the price (about $19) you cannot beat it for durability with any polish - and it is fast dry as well. And it is shiny!


After about ten minutes I started with acrylics and painted one stroke flowers on my nails. Acrylics dry pretty fast, so when that was done I dabbed some glitter (LA Colors Aqua Treasure) and purple dots (a england Avalon). Then I drew some "leaves" and "stems" through the flowers, and accented some petals. This was topped with Out the Door.


Looking at these photos I am shocked at how dry my hands and nails look. I put on hand creme before taking the pics and to my naked eye, things looked great. But this damn macro on the camera makes my skin and cuticles look terrible! Oh well, at least the nails look good!

right hand

I have two glammy mani clients late afternoon - something to look forward to! I dropped off my flyer to some hairdressers in town and in Alex. Maybe that will bring me some word-of-mouth and a client or two. Hoping, hope, hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...